Thursday, July 07, 2005

Pas' Pensees

I’ve been on a bit of a mindbender lately and well it’s no fun. I’ve always used my art as a catharsis to exorcise those demons that from time to time cling to me not wanting to let go, depression being the biggest threat these recent years.
I have never been happy in the role of victim and I don’t want the closing words on my life to included that word depression. So this is my attempt to claw back. I’m not much in the mood to write a long lengthy diatribe so to start I’d like to just write some Pensees in the same vain as Blaise PAScal who wrote "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me." Here’s my first then.

I used to pride myself with the intelligence that I had acquired until I realized by it that I was as stupid as the rest of us.
_____________________________


These delicate Sweet Peas (Lathyrus odoratus) grow in our gardens. I don’t know who they are but they say the Iris is the poor mans Orchid. If that is true then Sweet Peas are the Orchid of the complete destitute as they cost the price of a bag of seed or free if you pluck them from the vine. If you look at the top image, you can how I come up with this conclusion as this small string of Sweet Pea look as though they might very well be Orchids.

GP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home