Monday, June 13, 2005

lupine

I begin my blog today by saying that I am too sick to be writing or doing much of anything else. I worked Saturday pruning the bottoms out of large trees to allow more light under the canopy. I then proceeded to prune all the shrubs and hedges. After about 13 hours, I was totally spent. Then I paid for it Sunday, spending the entire day in bed only wishing I were in a comma so that I wouldn’t have to feel the pain. How bad was it, well picture this: I was staring off into to oblivion when I realized that mucus had been pouring out of my nose onto to my upper lip, dripping to my lower lip then running back into my mouth which was open trying to get extra air as my lungs are so restricted. Not a pretty picture and that about sums up how I feel – what a mess. I dragged my sorry arse out of bed today to walk in the garden and make this post for you. Now I’m going to lie down and leaf through the yellow pages looking for an oxygen tent – what a mess.

This pale Lupine gets its name from the Great State of Texas, home of the President of America but I can’t remember either of their names. I know it is something spindly and not bushy.

Lupines as Fox Gloves don’t live that long lives so you need to guard your seedlings from ‘the bad wabbit”. I do admire the floral spike that rises from the plant until it hoists its floral head above the foliage revealing itself for all to see. It is a splendid flower and I love the mountain meadows covered in Lupine, the ones in Italy, Austria, France, Spain, or Switzerland, they’re all equally beautiful. Meadows of swaying Lupines gently persuaded to dance by the winds.

______________________________________

They are another abstract flower to me, these spiky, conical towers that rise from divided leafs of emerald green foliage. Looking from above they provide a marvelous sight of slowly unwinding conical forms, spiraling up gaining in colour saturation as they ascend a staircase to the blue heavens of sky above and the warm sun that inhabits it.

Remember that I love spirals and look for them everywhere. This Lupine provides such a stylish spiral as the flower pods ascend ever upwards, swelling until they climax in full bloom. It’s my imaginary floral phallic hanging out of a pair of 60’s green pants. Something Sigourney Weaver conjures up in your mind.
Happily I’m a flower that has both sex glands so this isn’t about sex, or is it Mr. Sigmund Control Droid, spidering this site looking for dissent?… lol :)~ This is just the flowers, birds and the bees part of that equation. Sexy don’t you think?

Okay, my favourite Mel Gibson line “Just because I’m paranoid doesn’t mean they are not following me!”

Jeez what a post this is, Elmer Fudd, Bugs Bunny, Sigourney Weaver, Mel Gibson, phallic flowers, it’s like Hollywood, Bollywood all rolled up into one and for the same great price. Thank you Lupines, for exorcising my garden demons. You see more proof that gardens are good for your state of mind.

So how’s your sex today, I mean how is your day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home