Saturday, June 11, 2005

poppies | ={pas -|- sap}= |

Now I’ve had a long standing relationship with this flower. It has been my master once or twice in my short life. Yes, the sap of the Poppy has lorded over my being both in its raw but preferred in its refined way. I have supported many Afghan, Burmese and Thai farmers during the course of my addictions and not in a spiritual way.

This is my “Beauty and the Beast flower”. Consummate beauty and pernicious bestiality locked within the Disneyland inside its addictive grasp. True escape from pain and no worries or cares about the search for meaning, lies within its power. Dr. Feelgood until you run out of Dr. Feelgood, then the demons come out.

Now I get to see it just for its beauty, I have been freed from the shackles of needing to stare at the picture for hours longing for Junk. I have been liberated from not understanding pain and suffering and needing to cover that understanding in a opium haze, further clouding the issues. I no longer need to suppress those issues with that addiction. I still have others addictions, tea, beer, good wine, slabs of red-meat, grass and Arsenal Football Club; not in that order. God answered my deepest prayers inside those opiate deliriums and like Jonah in the belly of the fish (death); he reached out to give me life.

Now that I am freed of my bonds to it, I can see the Poppy for the beauty it possesses. I want to share its beauty with you below. I like that about sanctification it cleanse you of your previous ways and allows you to view it from a redeemed perspective. What a renewing of the mind!. The plant gives such a gaiety as a flower and not an addiction as its sap =(sap -- pas)=.
We have many, many Poppies in our full sun garden. They are with us almost all summer through their various arrays of species. I even grow the Afghan version as a botanical curiosity. Here then are just a few that are in bloom from the garden of delight.

_______________________________

I begin by showing you the story of one Poopy, as it works it’s way from bud to bloom. These images where taken over the course of the last two weeks.


the bud


the bloom creeps outwards from the bud


to reveal itself as the wonder it is

________________________________
The next three images are from blooming Poppies in our garden of delight. I have photographed them all as colour mandelas for you. They are so incredibly delicate, as though made of thinly woven silk or paper.


pinks


saffrons


Saffron wheel Mandela

_____________________________________

Lastly, some petit, simple Poppies, that seems to grow on a vine producing blankets of flowers. I will have many more Poppies over the next months to show you. I’m still a Poppy lover just in a more positive way. When close to death with aging and or in pain maybe the other way again as in the “pain control pump” beep, beep, beep, ...


tiny miniature poppies

In memory of William Seward Burroughs.
GP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home