Monday, June 06, 2005

coral bells


coral bells

Common Name: Alum Root, Coral Bells, Rock Geranium
Botanical Name: Heuchera micrantha 'Palace Purple'

Just a little red bell against a vibrant blue sky. We like these plants as borders and they can tolerate drought and love full sun.

Me I’ve had too much sun. Being a gardener is not for the faint at heart unless you work small. With all our beds I spend a lot of time working in the gardens. Yesterday was one of those days, all day. Today I worked the beds from 6:30 until 9:30 after working at the monastery cutting very long grass all day on our big tractor, 6 hectares of long grass. I’m tired and I’ve had too much sun.

I like working in the garden in the evenings our early mornings when the sun is not scorching down on you. I look like a bloody lobster today, from top to bottom except for my candy white ass. I think the nuns might get alarmed if I cut in the buff, besides my posterior would still be white as I’d be seated on the tractor. You know, I think maybe I’ve had too much sun, damn I’m writing about my behind. Sorry!

Enjoy the Coral Bells. How was your day?

1 Comments:

Blogger Gerard Pas said...

I do it but just barely!

You got to know the garden gets most of my love which means my house needs a new coat of paint.
I should hire someone to paint!

It's all good.

Being in the garden, for just small periods of your day is good for your health, even if you don't work it and someone else does - consider it an investment in your state of mind.

11:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home