Friday, May 27, 2005

Now that European Soccer Season is over.


Thierry Henry silences Spurs Fans.

If I had just one image, which could sum up my 2004-05 season as an Arsenal Supporter, a Gooner, a Gunner, this would be that image. It is of one of the greatest footballers of all time Thierry Henry TH14 after scoring a goal. Henry just mesmerizes me as I watch him play, what skill and finesse; he has such a brutal finish.

As Henry does to most opposing side’s fans, here he demands the jeers and pejoratives of Tottenham Hotspurs (Spurs) fans after silencing them with another of his well crafted goals.

Thierry Henry is one of the best footballers in the world and this would be my football picture of the year as a Arsenal Gunner. The looks on the various faces of the crowd show such contempt, shock, anger, all kinds of emotion; I love it.

Thank you Thierry TH14 for letting me watch your wonderful skills get you top goal scorer in the English Premiere League yet again, kudos’. Thank you Thierry for truly being a Gooner like myself. What a season!

I had a whole host of other images that I compiled as my images of the year, in the end I thought this one image summed up soccer for me this year. I also would like to thank Arseblog for doing such a great job of keeping me informed of what’s going on with the club and this picture.

I’m a dyed in the wool Arsenal Fan. That said, congratulations to Liverpool FC (the Pool) for winning the European Champions League Cup, Champions of Europe.


Liverpool's John Arne Riise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home