Wednesday, May 25, 2005

what the bleep do i heart Huckabees know?

When I’ve looked out at the fabric of the cosmos, it has indeed spoken to me of good and evil. Not just spoken of it, it is has screamed it at me, or maybe I should say it has cried out to me. It has said we live in a world fallen from love into a harvest of death but also the hope of redeemption and the privelege / joy of life.

I’ve seen it in this cold spring Canadian sky from my backyard looking towards the center of London (Friday May 20, 2005 at 6:30am EST).

I’ve seen it looking at the same sky at night under the light of a full moon (Monday May 24, 2005 at 2:00am EST).

I’ve seen it in my beloved city of dreams and failures - landing at LaGuardia Airport, New York (Saturday May 21, 2005 at 9:45am EST).

I’ve seen it in death and the reality of nature. What was once a dead cat and now is a flattened piece of leather on the streets of Brooklyn, New York (fall of 2001).
What saddens me of this image is that no one cared, just leaving the cat's carcass on the road for thousands of trucks and cars to turn it to this, someday the rain will just wash it away. This poor creature died in the city, as it would have in nature.

I’ve seen it in birth and the cycle of life. An Osprey nest made in the light standards of a soccer field in North-East London near Fanshaw dam (summer of 2004).

Wherever I have looked in the cosmos whether it is the things made by humankind or nature itself, I have seen the indelible signature of God on all of it saying that all of life has such meaning and our decisions have consequence as we can affect the outcome of the universe by choosing love.

I picked these rather straightforward pictures because they are ordinary and would not sway your reaction, it would be easy to place a majestic landscape before you and say the above statements. I just wanted uncomplicated images from daily life to say that I see the above in the simplest of ways through the common images of my life. I guess I’m saying that I’ve been to and in New York long enough to know that I’m trying to sell the steak and not the sizzle, in that non-Madison Avenue way of things.

GP

1 Comments:

Blogger Gerard Pas said...

Thank you! Your encouragment is meaningful to me.

9:08 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home