Thursday, May 26, 2005

iris


Iris has started blooming in our backyard.

Not much to say today, worked hard in the gardens of the Monastery. I’ve been working on a meatier piece to publish here but it is not ready yet. So with little words just enjoy these events from our garden.

I do love Iris in all its varying forms. I have a few kinds and these are the first to bloom. I found by turning the image sideways I could make it larger for you to see its utterly beautiful display, the beard , the stigmatic lip and style arms. This image really titillates me, as the purple against the dark greens makes such an excellent secondary colour study – I remain an artist.


click image to enlarge

I also thought I’d show you something I’m eagerly waiting for, my Rhododendron to come into full bloom in the next days. The buds all ready to burst a lovely pale violet bloom, but they are so intense just now. I love these and they make me wish I were in Holland walking along 3-meter high trees of them as they grow there. Better yet, how about walking in Nepal and the forests of Rhododendron as they are blooming in the Himalaya. Oh yes -- more on that later.

That’s all for now. Enjoy!


Rhododendron buds coming into bloom.

How was your day?

1 Comments:

Blogger Gerard Pas said...

must have iris - i have some which will bloom in an other week, they're a pale yellow and so beautiful a week or so after that I have black ones which just silence me with wonder

i don't know Mich. Bulb Co but i'm sure they're ok - i like getting them from friends and other gardeners or buying health stock from a garden centre - i guess i just hate the wait in the mail - got have it now or a cutting when they die back in july from a friend

7:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home