Monday, May 30, 2005

rhododendron

Rhododendron have come into bloom.

As I mentioned in my post below on Iris’ my Rhododendron’s were about to come into full bloom. Over the weekend, they did just that.

I am happy to say that in my minds-eye just now, I’m walking through the Rhododendron forests of Nepal in the lower Himalaya. What ecstasy it is, such unsurpassed beauty which none of us could create, only to document or render through art. These various coloured flowers up against the clear cobalt blue sky with these mountains in the background, I’m certain that I’m in Shangri-La. I cannot think of a flowering tree that is more vibrant and beautiful, with such large blooms as the Rhododendron.
Come with me then, to the mountain passes of the Himalaya as we walk along the banks of the highest river in the world Dudh Kosi towards Chomolangma, or Qomolangma ("Mother of the Universe"). I am humbled by the experience and praise God for the privelege to partake in such beauty.

Here are some images from one of my Rhododendron to help you on your journey

Free Tibet!

Such a delicate bloom, enjoy!
GP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home