Wednesday, August 24, 2005

no oxymoron

Sometimes the mundane can be so, well, it can be extraordinary (oxymoron?).
I consider the Hosta or Plantain Lily as an ornamental used by architects to create low maintenances plantings -- thus for the most part somewhat mundane.
Then you see them bloom like below, where the flowers look like fine Art Nouveau jewelry. Not so mundane are they.

hosta

It’s funny how if you stop sometime and observe the ordinary, yes even the mundane, it can reveal its own intrinsic majesty to you.
It is as though we get these small glimpses of heaven surrounding us at times; what life is without the strangeness of death and decay.
You may see this as the cycle of life – birth / death, the ying and yang. As an eternal being, I recognize the living God, the God of love. I still find death perversely strange and that’s why I cling to the love of God! I guess that is why the killing of an innocent person on my behalf also seems so extraordinary.

This God is not a god represented by clay or bronze sculpture, prayer wheel or tolling bell but the formless God of love, known as I AM or Father. I want to live in the presence of complete love forever and not die as in NO MORE, utter nothingness.
There is nothing I can do in life to earn this, not enough prayer wheels to turn or bells to chime, simply put it is a unconditional gift of love from God; as it should be.

GP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home