Wednesday, August 17, 2005

hibiscus

Three reasons for loving mid-summer.
The Rose of Sharon has come into bloom in our garden. We have three different varieties that dazzle our eyes. The first is the national flower of Korea, “The Rose of Sharon” which is native throughout Asia and India. The second is a hybrid of this shrub, a “Double Bloomed Rose of Sharon”, and comes in diverse colours. The third is a native Hardy Hibiscus which grows native to our climate and which I have not represented here by photograph but will once I have a better image.
Rose of Sharon - Hibiscus syriacus

Double-Bloomed Rose of Sharon

Tropical Hibiscus

This Tropical Hibiscus has been in my possession for more than 25 years and grows in my studio in the winters, spending the summers on our deck.

I love them all and the many colours they now come in. They make the mid-summer that much more joyful with their radiant blooms and the hummigbirds that flock to them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gerard Pas said...

???
ThANKs for thAt. I'll meantion it to my stock advisor when I get one. Your preaching to the diverted here, I'm an artist.
Probably won't really start earning money until my 7th deathday. A lot of good that does me while I'm still having birthdays.

7:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home