Thursday, April 28, 2005

Fruithilarious to Fritillaria and back again.

Well, what a day! I’m freeeeeeeee of writing my Memoir’s as a blog, no more staying up for hours trying to make my own subjective deadlines. Yippee Yahoo. What the Jiminy Cricket was I thinking in the first place. Live and learn I guess. I truly am the survivor of my own stupidity. Thus the Fruithilarious!

I worked at the monastery today in what was just generally a miserable day. It started with snow pelts then progressed to drizzle and a shower or two. Working outside is great but some days it really is for the birds, because they’re dressed for it.

At the end of my workday, I came home without the pressures of slaving over my keyboard trying to finish another 3,000-word essay to post here. Instead, I went out to my garden and photographed these wonderful images.

As promised, I would show you the Fritillaria imperalis when it bloomed in my garden (read my post of Wednesday, April 06, 2005 “Fritillaria imperalis”).

Well here, they are and I dare say that every garden should have one because it is simply incredible in its stunning beauty.


Traditional image of the Fritillaria taken in my backyard.
Just to isolate a parameter of how it’s generally documented!
____________________________________________



The same flowers photographed from another angle, mine.
I see it as art rather than botany - growing things.
Beautiful are they not.




If your not convinced of its absolute beauty - a little closer view.
Stunning wouldn't you say.
It's like the weirdest thing to look at against the cold April sky.




Well this picture is worth a 1000 words.
If this image doesn't convince you, nothing will.

I'm very hAPPY with the way these imAGES turned out.
Happy images are better than drugs and more fun to do.


I just drift away looking at the red veins
in the saffron petals.
A sweet saffron of cadmium orange.
The male stamen reaching
out from the female carpel.
Balanced against a cold April sky.
Words cannot describe such splendor.

This beautiful flower, which grows in my garden, made coming home such a pleasure and wiped the misery of a cold wet day away. It truly is abstract with its downward pointing flowers at the top of a stem, just below a tuft of upward, pointy leaves.
Look at it — I just marvel at God’s handy work.

By the way, blogging became fun again today. Working on my website remains a job. Do click on the images to enlarge them there so much better larger. I only wish I could give them to you as raw image.
G.P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home