Friday, May 06, 2005

When I need to see GREEN

I thought for today, that I’d simply add to my favourite things to see in my London, Canada Tour, which I started below.


The greenest lawns in all of London Life.

This may very well be the most expensive lawn in the world or one of them anyway. It’s the lawn of one of London’s oldest corporations “London Life Insurance”. This company has its headquarters in London and its building takes up a city block. Around that building, in downtown London, is this verdant lawn. Truth is, it is more like a putting green and may very well be the largest putting green I’ve ever seen. They take such immaculate care of this lawn and it always sparkles, manicured and cut almost to the ground like a putting green; this lawn has no weeds and is always watered.
When I want to see GREEN instead of RED (click to see my red) I go down to Dufferin St. between Clarence St. and Wellington St. and stand on their lawn, looking down at the turf. Greener it does not get.

I will say that some people think it weird to have such a lawn, even avarice, but for me, I like it because I like looking at green. This lawn is an abstract, unlike a natural green forest for example. It is kind of like Bonsai, it looks natural and is made of growing things but completely controlled by the gardener or bonsai artist. Bonsai lawn if you’d like. It is most definitely rare and I’d take you to lay on it with me until the police shooed us away.

By the way, my lawns at home aren’t to shabby either. What can I say, I like GRASS; nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Enjoy Greens everyday!


London Life Insurance, London, Canada.

Postscript: I finished the draft on Burroughs last night so I thought I’d post today, don’t know about tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home