Thursday, May 12, 2005

we need trees and love your neighbour


Remember these from my "May 2" post, they're Primrose (Primula)

Well here they are this evening at sunset - Primrose (Primula)

Well after yesterday’s tirade I feel a little like that damn bird that went around saying the sky is falling, the sky is falling.
Well I’m here today to say that while the sky isn’t falling the tree did, it did not crash into my house and kill us all as I feared yesterday. I had this picture of the four of us all impaled on limbs of the tree, as it lay crashed through my house. Could you imagine that as an epitaph “He died doing what he loved” - yikes – hugging trees.
Oh yes, Chicken Little.
It’s amazing how traumatized I become when I see trees being murdered. Where are the damn Ents when you need them? Their probably in the pharmaceutical industry making tranquilizers.

Well I am not beyond change, like the stunning Primrose growing in the backyard. I’m turning over a new leaf. From now, I’m going to fight if someone starts cutting down trees, the damn dirt bags. You’d think they get the bleeping picture. Maybe I could force them to watch “The Day After Tomorrow” a bunch of times. No that’s to kind.
Here’s what I’d do. I’d force their eyes open so they couldn’t blink, thus letting the smog aggravate their eyes until they really stung. Jeez, my dad was on a nasal-canula with an oxygen tank in tow for almost two years. When will people ever learn? We need those trees stop the murder now.

This is my new slogan:
WE NEED TREES – STOP THE MURDER


Norwegian Maple in my backyard with fresh new leaves.

I know I’m to love my neighbours and that’s what I’ve been trying to do. That is why I didn't flip out on him when he told me and I suffered through his tree-goon hit squad – actually it was a three goon shit squad. In the end it’s a fait-des-complete, he still murders trees and there’s not a stick on his property (okay just the ones that fall over from my place). What is a person to do? We do need the trees!

GP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home