Saturday, December 24, 2005

merry christmas - light in the darkness

Christmas eye candy
from our gardens

In these the darkest days of the year, I am reminded that light shines in the darkness.

I look outside my studio and see our gardens in their winter sleep, waiting for the return of spring. So to has my life been this last year, a gentle sleep as my fields laid fallow waiting for a new spring.
As I turned fifty, I have arrived at a point in my life where I feel that I can now create what I wish, not to prove myself to anyone or even myself. I have been set free from the need to demonstrate my skill to curators, critics, society, or museums. I have already proven myself time and time again over the last thirty years of making art -- it has given me such great pleasure (as paradoxical as that may seem for an artist that has dealt mostly with pain and catharsis in their work).
One would think this a liberating experience, which it is. Sadly, I have spent the last year transfixed on those lights shinning out of the darkness, heading towards me as I stand on this highway of life. A difficult and at times perplexing time in my life as I ask myself what I really want, like a child in a candy shop.
I am happy to say that the light, which hastened towards me on that dark road, was not my demise. Rather, like the star that directed the Magi it was coming to take me home. It is where I am now and as I reluctantly embrace this newfound freedom trusting it to be true. I hope this to be a very productive and liberating year. May we all remain so directed guided by that light...

So many of you have stood behind me in these troubling times but none more than our God and my family -- my cup runneth over. I am so grateful to all of you for having such faith in me. I wish the same blessings for you and yours: a paradigm shift where love is the axis of change and integrity remains true.

From me and mine, we hope that love rules in your abode and that your wants and needs will be met in this New Year to come.
Thank you for blessing us with your friendship and support!

May the God of love bless you with faith, trust and love - Allah hum di de la.

Gerard Pas

Note: the above image is a compilation from the more than 10,000 photographs I took from our gardens this past year. I organized them in this pattern to create an “Eye Trick”, if you stare long enough the white dots suddenly turn black / grey and back to white — light shinning in the darkness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home