Sunday, November 20, 2005

a calm for the weary

Today was rest day for my weary soul. I went to church which felt good, I really should go more often as our church is what we’ve made of it and just now it’s real fine. Alive with God followers, it is named Forest City Community Church if you should ever care to visit us here in London.
I spent the afternoon cleaning flowerbeds for their winter rest and planting bulbs for my spring renewal. This also felt good as it was a pleasant enough of a day to spend the afternoon outside.

While working in our gardens I came upon another of the many varied ornamental grasses that we grow in the gardens. I was silenced by the subtle beauty of it’s now seeded plumes. This grasses doesn’t come into this feathery state until after the frost tells it to, as that same frost tells me that I to must prepare for the long cold winter ahead.

I felt a feeling of well being, at peace with the Creator and creation while stewarding over this beauty. I’m a blessed person and my table is full, my friends are true, my cup runneth over with the blessings of a most gracious and bountiful God, as well as my own hard work. It was a satisfying day and like these exquisite plumes, it was calming to my sometimes-troubled soul.

another of the grasses from our gardens

such subtle beauty

then caressed by the sun

I’ll have to tell you the proper name of this grass in my next post as it’s late and I can’t remember its name from memory.

GP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home