Sunday, November 13, 2005

north wind

Last week was a splendid fall week, as this image of my backyard affirms. The warmth of Indian summer. The leaves all changing colours accompanied by a thick carpet of the same leaves. Beautiful sultry fall days.

Yesterday was a cooler day with powerful north wind that stripped most all of the leaves from our trees. This morning when I awoke, I went out at the sunrise and took this image of what the north wind had left behind.
Today I took all our outdoor furniture into the shelter of the shed. Over the course of the last few weeks, I’ve emptied all the flowerpots and begun the work of prepping the gardens for their winter sleep. Today the starkness of late fall made an impact on me, as I know the north wind takes the leaves but in the next weeks will also bring us snow.

It was a beautiful sunrise.

GP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home