Sunday, November 06, 2005

URBAN maple trees -

our home

This image of a group of urban Maple trees is located some three blocks from our home here in London Ont. (the other London). URBAN Maple Treez, jeez that sounds like some kind of Canadian TEaRyOuRwrIST movement; eh (I love the fact that tear and tear are spelled the same - we really have to fix that. I suggest we spell tear as tair). Urban Maple Treez would have something to do about the colour of our flag and the fact that our colours do run and fade. Unlike our cousins to the south whose flag colours do not run from anything - it is insured by a shitload of Smith and Weston’s.
For me it’s just like watching the leaves float downstream to become sediment and nurture life – eh CanaDADA (cf. photo below). Truth be known, I’d rather have a tree for our symbol than an avian scavenger; that’s the extent of my stigma. Although the most beautiful Bald Eagles I have ever seen where all in trees (or flying) on the island of Haida Gwaii in the North Pacific Ocean. Bald eagles in trees? Just because your paranoid doesn’t mean they are not out to get you.

and native land
GP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home