Sunday, April 10, 2005

I’m feeling introspective and insecure today


The Fritillaria imperalis is growing at a rate of about 4 cm a day.

The above image is a progress report on the growth of the Fritillaria imperalis I showed you in my earlier post titled Fritillaria imperalis. As you can see, since that post of April 6th, the plant has already raced ahead in size to about 33-35 cm, which is almost double what it was just 4 days ago. You have to admire this plant - wait until you see the bloom.

I’m feeling introspective and insecure today. I looked at this blog and thought that it is nothing more than an exercise of vanity, just another form of self-indulgence for me. I realize my punctuation is atrocious and can only hope that someday some who cares enough will proof and edit my ramblings. As my dear old ma’s eyesight is going, I don’t have the foggiest idea of who from the other three people who read it would or could. I’m embarrassed by my usage of English grammar and that it sucks as much as it does. My wife thinks it’s weird to publish my thoughts and convictions on the web for the world to see in this blog. I don’t know, I’ve always liked being somewhat transparent and think that bringing my demons to the forefront is a good way to deal with them. There are those who believe it is not prudent to hang out your dirty laundry for all to see – I’ve tried not to do that, except of course my own dirt. I wonder if my posts on poop-poo and pee-pee might offend? At the same time, I think who give a rats ass, it's part of everyday life - healthy and regular. As you can see too much doubt and that is not helped by my feelings of incompetence with the poor punctuation. I hate days like this!

The garden is coming along and I worked for several hours today bathed in warm sunlight. I was cleaning and preparing for when the spring really sets in, in the very near time to come. There are still no swelling buds on the trees but it is starting. Many plants are starting to come out of their dormancy. I’m thrilled by that, so instead of feeling like a looser or sitting here and wallowing, I’ll just go back outside into my yard and enjoy the rest of this glorious day.

Otherwise, how has your day been?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home