Friday, March 04, 2005

CanaDada - true north strong and free


It has gotten so bad that I've had to resort to using the dogs and sled to go and fetch milk these days. Unlike New York traffic between 4-6pm on the Brooklyn Queens Expressway BQE, it is starting to seem like the bloody Iditarod Race the closer you get to the store to get your supplies here. Oh well the dogs like the exercise and I look good in a gore-tek parka, a woolen hat, gore-tek pants, thermal long-johns, sweaters, lined mitts, snow blind glasses, and big felt lined boots. What I can't understand is why I can't get any respect from all those guys with their husky dog teams down at the store, I mean they are King Size Poodles pulling my sled.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gerard Pas said...

Thank you for responding to my blog. It is much appreciated.

The point of my picture with the poodles is more to poke a pointy stick at the almost mythic notion of how we rugged Canadians deal with the stern and brutal winters. I am simply trying to get a laugh out of the fact that the idea of a sled pulled by poodles goes against the machismo so prevalent in the Canadian iconography of winter. Real men do not eat quiche and don’t have poodles pull their sleds.

As for you moving back to the snow, were it not so far from New York I would rather live in New Zealand, where you can ski in the morning and drive down to the ocean for a sail or swim in the afternoon. The best of both worlds.

3:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home